The Giveaway is now over! Thank you to all who participated!
Hello and Happy New Year! In celebration of National Hat Day on January 15th, Goorin Bros. will be gifting one free hat and hat box each day starting on the morning of January 1st, 2015. Each morning at 9 am (PST), we will be posting a question on our Facebook page for you to answer. Simply answer by commenting on the post. Our favorite answer each day will receive the hat chosen for that day, along with a hat box. Get creative and good luck!
If you do not have a Facebook account, you may enter by submitting your answer to firstname.lastname@example.org. Submissions must be emailed by 9:00 am PST the following day to count.
Day 15 Hat: Dean the Butcher (Whiskey)
Dean the Butcher is a classic hand-crafted American made wool felt A-crown fedora from our Heritage line.
Day 15 Question: What would be your famous last words while wearing this hat?
Day 15 Winner: Brent Jason
Day 14 Hat: Mr. Capra
Mr. Capra is an American made wool pork pie fedora.
Day 14 Question: What would be the biggest personal change you could make in this hat? (Questions brought to you by our hat designer, Anna Delis)
Day 14 Winner: Andrew Teeple
Day 13 Hat: Smitty
Smitty is an American made wool diamond crown pork pie fedora from our Heritage collection.
Question: If you could attend any event while wearing this hat, what would it be and why?
Day 13 Winner: Danny Pak
Day Twelve Hat: Liam
Liam is a wool halo ivy hat, detailed with tonal stitching, from our Goorin Everyday Collection.
Question: If this hat were human, what would its profession be and why?
Day Twelve Winner: Lane Smith:
Day Eleven Hat: Eli Cohen
Eli Cohen is a wool flatcap from our Ted's Cut and Sew Collection.
Question: Out Ted's Cut and Sew collection is a very important part of our family history. The precision and handwork that goes into each hat makes each one a very special piece. In fact, they are heirloom-quality! What is your favorite family heirloom and why is it important to you?
Day Eleven Winner: Lindsey T J Hall (email email@example.com):
"I'd have to say my favorite heirloom would have to be my 1964 slingerland drum set. It was my mother's set in college. I recently repolished it and looks brand new. I play it all the time. I was fortunate enough to receive lots of heirlooms from my family and as old as everything is I use it all. My motto is nothing stays on a shelf. Use it or lose it. "
Answer here or by emailing your answer to firstname.lastname@example.org
Day Ten Hat: Henry Jones
Henry Jones is a wide-brim outback fedora made of wool with a leather band and loop.
Question: What famous quote would best describe this hat?
Day Ten Winner: Randy Burton
Day Nine Hat: Guido Delgado
The Guido Delgado is an American made felted wool stingy brim fedora from our Heritage collection.
Question: (Written by Ben Goorin) What is it about the Guido Delgado that makes it the RIGHT hat for you?
Day Nine Winner: Naomi Shapiro
Day Eight Hat: Roger That - Choice of Blue or Khaki
The Roger That hat is an organic cotton halo ivy from our Goorin Everyday collection.
Day Eight Question: What song would you dance to while wearing this hat? Why?
Day Eight Winner: Michael Wimpy
Day Seven Hat: Red Ricci - Black
The Red Ricci is an American made Heritage wool stroller fedora with a zigzag single-needle topstich.
Day Seven Question: If you could travel to any time period while wearing this hat, when would it be? What would you do? Why?
Day Seven Winner: Jacob Aldrich
Day Six Hat: Captn Pollux – Choice of Navy or Charcoal
The Captn Pollux is an incredibly comfortable thick beanie from our Goorin Everyday Collection.
Day Six Question: What winter adventure would you have while wearing this hat?
Day Six Winner: Jameson Wilds
Day Five Hat: County Line - Black
The County Line is an American made wide-brim felted wool fedora from our Heritage line.
Day Five Question: What would your go-to outfit be for this hat?
Day Five Winner: Shawn Gue
Day Four Hat: Good Boy (Choice of Color)
The Good Boy is a wool fedora from our Goorin Everyday collection.
Day Four Question: What country would you like to visit while wearing this hat? Why?
Day Four Winner: Alicia Fay Tuttle
Day Three Hat: North Fork
From our Grenadier collection, the North Fork is an Australian western-style distressed leather hat.
Day Three Question: What well-known character would you like to take on an outdoor adventure while wearing this hat? Where would you go?
Day Three Winner: Lidia Anaya
Day Two Hat: Ruthy
The Ruthy is an 8-panel suede cabbie from our Ted’s Cut and Sew collection
Day Two Question: If this hat could give you a super power, what would it be and why?Day Two Winner:Russell Pogue
Day One Hat: White Rabbit
The White Rabbit is a Heritage wool deconstructed hat that is a shorter version of a traditional top hat.
Day One Question: What surprise would you pull out of this hat?
Day One Winner: Melinda McKee - Submission: bit.ly/day1winner
Terms & Conditions:
15 Days of 15 Hats Giveaway
How to Enter: This giveaway (15 Days of 15 Hats Giveaway) is being held on Goorin Bros.’s Facebook timeline from January 1st, 2015 at 9:00 AM PST to January 15th at 11:59PM PST. Only one entry per Facebook account per day is allowed. Entrants found abusing the entry system will be disqualified.
Prize: Each day (1) One winner will win a Goorin Bros. hat and hat box from the list selected for this giveaway.
1. The promoter is Goorin Bros, whose registered office is at 1269 Howard St. San Francisco, CA 94103
2. Employees of Goorin Bros or their family members or any individuals connected in any way with the competition or helping to set up the competition are not eligible for entry.
3. Ages 18+ only.
4. There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
5. Any questions about entry should be directed to email@example.com
6. The winners will be selected from all eligible entries received during the time allowed on each day. Goorin Bros. will choose the answer supplied by the entrant that they believe is most fitting to win. All potential winners are subject to verification by Sponsor, whose decisions are final and binding in all matters related to the giveaway. The potential winners will be notified on Facebook.
7. The rules of the competition and the prize for each winner are as follows:
8. Goorin Bros reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the promoter’s control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the promoter.
9. Goorin Bros is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition.
10. No cash alternative to the prizes will be offered. The prizes are not transferable. Prizes are subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
11. The winner will be notified on Facebook. If the winner cannot be contacted or do not claim the prize within 14 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
12. Goorin Bros will notify the winner when and how the prize can be collected.
13. Goorin Bros decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
14. By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
15. The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by the United States law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the United States courts.
16. The winner agrees to the use of his/her name and image in any publicity material. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current U.S. data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
17. The winners’ names will be available 28 days after closing date by sending a stamped self-addressed envelope to the following address: Goorin Bros at 1269 Howard St. San Francisco, CA 94103
18. Entry into the competition will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.
19. By entering this competition the entrant agrees to allow Goorin Bros to conduct a background check if deemed necessary.
20. No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
21. If an entrant does not have a social platform and still wishes to enter the giveaway, they may do so by going to our website’s blog and emailing firstname.lastname@example.org their answer to the question of the day. Entrant must email entry before 9 AM PST the following morning.