Dads can be cool too
LET'S TALK DAD STYLE.
We're talking everything from Dadcore, to casual streetwear, to suits. You really can't go wrong these days because everything you thought was "uncool" about your Dad, is actually all the rage.
"Dadcore essentially consists of sartorial choices that focus more on functionality than style. Sharp tailored suits and cardigans are no longer the DILF style staples, now it’s all about orthopaedic-esque chunky sneakers, baseball caps, bucket hats, cargo shorts and vests." (source)
"Dad fashion’s core is where nostalgia and irony intertwine. Streetwear’s been obsessed with the ‘90s for the past few years, borrowing and literally stitching together such diverse elements as rave culture, grunge music, skate styles, and hip-hop fashion." (source)
Dad style has been creeping its way into menswear and womenswear consistently since 2018 and we don't see it stopping anytime soon. What I personally love about this throwback style is that it is so much more comfortable and easier to incorporate pieces into your wardrobe. It feels less calculated, while still being very intentional. Thus, it is easier but more chic. We love to see it. Below we took some style inspiration from our Pinterest boards and Goorin-lovers out in the world to help curate your Dad's look. Plus, our Top Picks for Dad from Goorin.com - check it out!
Top Picks for Dad:
1. Garcon - Our collab with Mr.Gilly on this fashion forward wide brim toquilla straw will certainly make a statement. Paired with carefully curated seasonal fabrics selected from the catalogs of Mr. Gilly’s Closet, including a custom satin lining. If Dad is all about the extra details, this one is for him.
2. Hartman - in mint. This is our seasonal color variant of the classic Block No.26 shape in toquilla straw. If your Dad is a fan of our ever popular Dean the Butcher, grab him this fun color in straw for the summer.
3. The King Lion - Is Dad the King? Make sure he knows it, with one of our core truckers that scream King of the Jungle.
4. Dean the Butcher - in taupe. Our core colors of Dean are whiskey and black. If Dad knows what's up, then he probably already has those two colors in his arsenal. Taupe is a seasonal color variant that can be worn year round. The neutral tone is perfect for dressing up or throwing on with a t-shirt on the weekend.
5. Benjamin Paul - Our most popular flatcap in the bunch. Whether Dad is an avid Peaky Blinders lover, or just wanting to switch up the ol' baseball cap look, a flatcap is what you want to give. Benjamin Paul is the three-season workhorse. From Spring thru Summer into Fall, this hat gets you through the days until there's a true chill in the air. A 100% linen body on a six-panel cut, classic sleek lines and that perfect balance of upgraded style and refined casualness- this is an everyday hat personified.
favorites to cart
Select Afterpay at checkout
Log into or create your Afterpay account, instant approval decision
Your purchase will be split into 4 payments, payable every 2 weeks
You must be over 18, a resident of the U.S. and meet additional eligibility criteria to qualify. Late fees may apply. Estimated payment amounts shown on product pages exclude taxes and shipping charges, which are added at checkout. Click here for complete terms. Loans to California residents made or arranged pursuant to a California Finance Lenders Law license. © 2021 Afterpay