Cast your vote: Wool or Straw?
With the return of our classic Colonel Pierce in taupe, and the seasonal staple of Sundowner I present to you five looks that pair with BOTH wool and straw.
We've heard it all: "I can't wear wool hats during the summer months" "Straw hats are always a casual look" Well allow me to be your hat Myth-Buster on this one. I took Colonel Pierce and Sundowner and showed off five different looks and how either hat looks amazing with them. Just chose what you're feeling in the moment: wool or straw? No need to overthink the entire outfit, just swap out the hat!
1. Out and About Gal: I went with a white tee, ochre wide leg trousers, a linen blazer and some good ol' birks for this look.
2. Dressy but Comfy: Ribbed linen dress and cute snakeskin block heels? Sign me up!
3. The Classy Classic: black tee, vintage denim + bandana - what more do you need? We'll bring the pup too ;)
4. Farmer's Market Chic: linen cropped shirt, cream colored overalls, pop of color slides
5. Night Owl: Off the shoulder black top, vintage hight waisted shorts, western inspired belt + snakeskin boots
The best part about creating all these looks is that the hats interchanged so organically. I never felt like I was pushing to wear one or the other with each outfit. Even though the colors of each hat and the crown shape varied slightly, it was seamless in simply choosing which one I preferred to wear out of the house that day. And sometimes, it is really just as easy as a feeling.
"For those extraordinary music icons, who’s boldness not only in music but in fashion, parallels their legacy, I guarantee you somewhere along the lines in their journey there was a hat on that celestial being’s head, and it shook us all to the core."
favorites to cart
Select Afterpay at checkout
Log into or create your Afterpay account, instant approval decision
Your purchase will be split into 4 payments, payable every 2 weeks
You must be over 18, a resident of the U.S. and meet additional eligibility criteria to qualify. Late fees may apply. Estimated payment amounts shown on product pages exclude taxes and shipping charges, which are added at checkout. Click here for complete terms. Loans to California residents made or arranged pursuant to a California Finance Lenders Law license. © 2020 Afterpay